Thursday, January 6, 2011

We Create Our Own Reality

One of my greatest beliefs is that we create our own reality.
When I reflect back to my mindset at the beginning of my self development journey I realize that I was not taking responsibility for my own life because I was constantly pointing fingers at others and blaming others for my unhappiness. I wanted and needed others to build me and make me feel fulfilled. I wanted and needed a relationship to feel loved and feel complete and I needed everything and everyone around me to validate and recognize me. Nothing was ever enough- I always wanted more.
 When I reflect on my mindset today and my sense of inner peace and true happiness, I realize that I am now100% responsible for my own actions and choices and most importantly I realize that I create my world with every thought I have and with every choice I  make. My life and my happiness actually have nothing to do with anyone- it is all up to me.
So what is our reality made up of? Our reality is made up of every thought we have, every belief we hold, our internal language with ourselves and how we communicate with the world around us.
Most of our beliefs about the world around us are formed by the age of 7. So it is no wonder that we wake up one morning feeling completely overwhelmed with life; life’s challenges and demands can be quite a bit for a 7 year old. So in recreating our reality we MUST recreate and challenge every belief we have, especially the ones limiting us and holding us back. (I will elaborate on this in upcoming posts).
Our internal language gives us insight into our belief systems. Think about all the “I musts”, “I shoulds”, “I have tos” you say to yourself and challenge each and every one. For example:  “I must have (fill the blank) to be happy” Ask yourself is this true? Challenge this belief! Get clear and understand what you want and who you truly are rather then come from need. Look within yourself to be fulfilled rather then externally
Now think about how you communicate with others- Are you open and authentic- or reserved and protected? Do you blame others or are you accountable for your own actions? Do you take things personally or are you empathetic and compassionate? Do you listen actively to understand a person or do you relate what they are saying to yourself. When we realize that we create our own reality we realize that the quality of our lives is determined by the quality of how well we communicate ourselves. We teach people how to treat us by communicating our needs, our boundaries and our values clearly and effectively. The more vulnerable and open we are with our communication the more we are understood by others. The more we speak our truth the more truth we have in our lives.
So to create your own reality ensure you have the following:
ü  Upgraded beliefs which challenge , support and encourage you to be your greatest.
ü  The belief that you are responsible for your life
ü  Empowering internal language which inspires you and is in alignment with what you want and who you want to be
ü  An understanding and awareness around what you want and your boundaries
ü  Open, honest and authentic communication
ü  The ability to actively listen to people and understand their own reality
ü  Positive thoughts and the desire to always better yourself and grow
And remember…
You are the artist of your life painting a new canvas every day! Paint a master piece!
Enjoy!
Lots of love,
PS Here is one of my favourite poems:
Invictus Poem :-
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Invictus Poem by William Ernest Henley

No comments:

Post a Comment