Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Introducing the NEW ME…THE REAL ME!

Most of you know me as ROCKY BRIVIK from my Hampton wellness centre, Contagious Enthusiasm. “Rocky” is how I have introduced and referred to myself for 15 years now. It was my ‘nick-name;’ my ‘fun name,’ a name I thought would be easy for people to remember and to know. This was a name my ex-husband gave me, a name which commenced our life together and represents that chapter of my life. That chapter of my life has long been over and since its closing I have made major life changes. Since the beginning of my new chapter, which I have been enjoying for 5 years now, this ‘nick-name’ and its purpose has felt increasingly ill-fitting for where I am in my life now.  It is no longer in alignment with the person I have become.

So I came to a place where Rocky did not feel like “ME” anymore.  As I connected with these internal feelings and questioned them I began to feel a strong “gut feeling” to return to Cheryne (pronounced Shereen, for those wondering how on earth do I say that). And not only return to Cheryne; to also return to my maiden name BLOM. It was an interesting self-discovery; especially as it also brought me to understand the karma and meaning of a name (look out for an up-coming article on that one!)
At first I found I did not connect with the magnitude of this change, however today at the precipice of this launching pad, I am overwhelmed with the significance of what this means to me on a deeply personal level. Not only am I bringing to the world “ME;” I am also bringing the world a big message of HOW TO STAY TRUE TO YOURSELF and HOW TO EXPRESS YOUR AUTHENTIC SELF, which, I have discovered, is the very core key to living a meaningful, fulfilling life!
And so dear friends, I am CHERYNE BLOM, and it is my pleasure to meet you!
Welcome. I am especially pleased, at this moment of return to my authentic self, to announce the launch of my new website:

This RE-INVENTION or RETURN to myself and my name, takes me back to the knowing of the person I was born to be in this lifetime, the person I truly am. So this re-invention is effectively a shedding of the layers of personality and ego that surrounded (and clouded) my original self, as well as what propels me into living my purpose and what I intend to do with my life with the POWER OF MY PURPOSE.
This is a major moment of personal evolution because it symbolizes how much growth and transformation I have achieved! As I child I was ashamed of myself. My “STORY” as some of you have heard in my workshops, centred on a disappointment in myself which came from a lack of self belief and self worth- as a young child. In what I now refer to as my EGO YEARS, I felt I was not good enough and not worthy of love because I did not fit into a certain ‘mold’ or ’look a certain way’ and so instead I became the person people wanted me to be or the person who would fit in - rather then stay true to my authentic self. Sound familiar? Can you relate?
So now, after shedding all (well almost all) of the layers of my EGO, I have come into the space I now call MY ESSENCE. My Essence is made up self love, self acceptance, wisdom, courage, compassion, strength, honesty, uniqueness, authenticity, integrity, truth, passion and expression. These are my core values and the name CHERYNE represents these values. This new BLOG SITE will be dedicated to expressing those core values in real and tangible ways that people can relate to.

What does this mean for you?

I trust that my leap back to my AUTHENTIC SELF helps inspire you to shed the layers of protection and reveal the TRUE YOU to all those in your life. I trust my quest for truth will ignite and awaken your truth. I hope that sharing my journey will guide you to express YOUR inner self which ultimately means your highest state of EMPOWERMENT (being in our own power).
Every day, every moment is a moment for you to be your truth, be your true self. Every day welcomes the opportunity to re-invent yourself – meaning you can choose to reflect upon the person you are now, the person you have been and the person you want to be. If your past and present self does not seem congruent with the person you want to be then some inner work is required to ensure you reach self-alignment. Self alignment means we align ourselves with our higher purpose and our essence. Ultimately, self-alignment is much greater than reaching self-actualization.
This is an invitation for us to live with personal FREEDOM – eliminating fear and the need to prove ourselves. It invites us to simply “BE”. In this space we can experience greater levels of joy, passion and unconditional love. How would you like that? Does it sound possible? I will be sharing with you the ways I have found to enable me to live that way. This Blog is my dedication to helping you discover this essence within you.
So watch this space for articles relating to dissolving your inner fear and inner demons and learning how to find, connect and live the power of your purpose!
To book me to speak at your company or group, or find out more about my work please visit my new website: http://www.cheryneblom.com. You can download a list of my keynote presentations in the downloads portal.
I welcome your comments and questions here on this site, and look forward to connecting with you in this way. I sincerely wish you great joy along your own unique path of alignment.
Lots of love,
Cheryne
PS.Please feel free to share this post on Facebook by clicking on the icons below or the like button at the top of this post
PPS Please also take a look at the other articles already posted here, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment